Saturday, November 1, 2008

We saw our Baby


We went to the doctor again this week, hoping to hear the heartbeat of this little rascal inside of me, but no such luck. As I began to panic, my doctor said she would give me an ultrasound just to make sure everything was okay, and here it is. If you look close at the black spot in the middle, you'll see a little grey area, that's Baby Wood. We were able to see the heartbeat as well as the baby. It was such a relief to know the little thing is okay. I've had some cramping so I've been kind of worried about our baby, but the doc assured me everything is fine. I know they make plenty of books about pregnancy, but I've decided when women are born, they should come with a manual of life, so they can know and understand all the things that will come, especially pregnancy. I guess when I get to Heaven, I'll be talking to God about that.
Poor Ryan during this whole pregnancy, he puts up with a lot. I'm not exactly the friendliest person on earth anymore. For some reason my hormones are are driving me mad; literally. My poor husband doesn't have a clue when I might get upset or sick. Hopefully it will level off at some point so I'm not so mean. Lucky for me I have a wonderful husband, even if he feels like he's living with a grizzly bear. He takes such good care of me. I've never seen anyone worry about someone like he worries about me. It's so cute. On top of being grouchy, I'm exhausted. I guess that comes with all this. I've been told, my body is running at the pace of a marathon runner 24/7, that would make anyone tired. Because I'm tired I don't clean and I only cook occasionally. Someone please tell me this is normal. Or at least give Ryan some reassureance.
Enough about all that, some more exciting news in our lives, I've decided to start scrapbooking. This was a sudden decision today, so Ryan and I went out on an adventure to find all the fun stuff we could for me to scrapbook. We had a lot of fun. HobbyLobby is an amazing place to catch sales. We got a whole lot of stuff for a little price. Now I just have to start. I think I'm going to start with our wedding and how we met. We were really good at taking pictures at the beginning and not so much anymore. I admire all of you that take pictures of everything. That really is the way to do it.
One last note, it's election day on Tuesday night. Everyone get out and vote. Make your voice heard, no matter who you're voting for, your opinion matters. We're having an election night party. Pizza, drinks and watching the election results coming in. Exciting I know, but I love it and so does Ryan. I guess we were made for each other.

4 comments:

Kellie said...

How exciting to have an ultrasound! I'm glad things are going well in that dept. Sounds like you are finding out how pregnancy changes you completely!
Best of luck!

Julie Hall said...

Yep, sounds like you are a normal pregnant woman! Just wait until your baby is born and you are sleep deprived and you don't want to cook and clean and you are then officially a mother bear!! LOL!

Shady Bradys said...

Okay, so I've only been pregnant once, and I haven't even made it to the finish line yet. So for whatever my opinion is worth: You sound perfectly normal to me! *laugh* Enjoy everything as best you can!

lck. said...

oh she is cooking. or he. thanks for the reminder- i will take you up on that. laurenkindt@gmail.com

i love you!!! your blog is so cute!!!