Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's a GREAT day!

It has been such an amazing day for us!! We went to the doctor this morning and we heard our baby's heartbeat for the first time. I almost cried! I've been so nervous because I'm not showing and I don't feel anything, so hearing the beat was such a relief. My baby is okay. The little sweetheart seems to be growing great, and we scheduled our ultrasound for next month. In about four weeks I'll be able to tell you all what we're having. I'm like a littl kid waiting to see what Santa Clause brought me on Christmas morning. I think this is so much better. I'm so grateful to be entrusted with one of God's children. What a blessing it is!!

Next great thing...I got a new job!! It's at my old work, but it will be a lot easier the bigger I get, and they're very understanding. I went in to visit old friends from before and was convinced to apply and I did and was hired. It will be stable income compared to my serving job and stable hours. Plus it will definitely be a pay raise. We're trying to save as much money as we can with the baby on the way, so this is such a huge blessing to us. All I can say is thank you Sid.

Also today I was able to talk to one of my favorite mission companions, Erin Barker. She's amazing. We haven't talked in over a year and haven't seen each other in almost two years. Because of this guy Sid that convinced me to apply for the job I got, I was also able to talk to Erin. I told him I must owe him a kidney now because he's been so great today. Hopefully he'll wait until after the baby is born. Again, I'm so blessed to have such great friends.

One last note, I'm so excited for Thanksgiving tomorrow. I'm cooking for just Ryan and myself and can't wait for all of the leftovers. I think leftovers are my favorite part of the whole dinner. Since I was a little girl we have always made these amazing sandwiches with the leftovers that I introduced Ryan to last year. He loves them now to. So for any of you that have never tried them, this is what you do...

Take two pieces of break and put miracle whip on them (mayo if you prefer, but I hate the stuff!)
put turkey, some stuffing, cranberries, pickles, and anything else that looks good on it and enjoy. It will be the most amazing thing you've ever had.

Anyway, I hope all of you enjoy your Thanksgiving and be safe whatever it is you're doing.

3 comments:

Kellie said...

I'm so glad you got to hear the heartbeat! Happy Thanksgiving! NOw the countdown to the big Ultrasound....hope time flies for you.

Anonymous said...

Tiff, don't worry about not feeling your little one move or not getting big yet. I am now 33-34 weeks pregnant and I only look like I am 3 months pregnant (so everyone says). I was worried that something was wrong with my little guy because I never got sick, didn't grow out, and etc. Hearing the heartbeat is so amazing I totally agree, my husband cried when he heard it (what a softy). You went on your mission to South Houston?? Love you and congrats on the babe.

Melissa & J.D. said...

Hooray for the little runt letting you hear the heartbeat! I miss the Thanksgiving leftover sandwiches...eat one for me! I may have to make another Thanksgiving dinner so I can have leftovers...yummy!