Saturday, October 11, 2008

I really am pregnant.

Last Friday I finally went to the doctor. That was a blast. Talk about feeling violated, but I've always been a very private and modest person, but I've been told that's going to change quickly with the pregnancy. The doctor gave me my official due date. Drum roll please.........May 14, 2009. I can't believe that somewhere around that date I'm going to be a parent. I'm still trying ot figure out how to take care of myself and a husband (ok honestly, Ryan takes care of me) and now a baby. I'm so excited, but so nervous. Anyway, back to the doctor. Any of you that have been pregnant know that you have to pee in a cup. Well from this they called me on Monday and told me that I had a UTI. Fun, huh. Well this is where the part comes that I know I'm pregnant. I ask the lady on the other line if the checked to see if I was really pregnant because I just couldn't believe it. There was a long silence, and then I said well I took four pregnancy tests and they were all positive but I'm still just not sure. This is the response I got, "Honey, if four pregnancy tests say you're pregnant, then you're pregnant."
Next I've finally experienced morning sickness. I make it sound like I wanted it, but I guess I had thought since I hadn't had it yet I wouldn't, boy was I wrong! I missed all of my classes and all of my work this week because of being sick. I'm happy to report I think I'm finally free. It's liberating to know that I can walk around and kiss my husband without turning green. I talked to my mom today and she was overjoyed that she could finally talk to me without me saying I had to go cause I was sick. I'm so thankful for friends and my mom for all of the ideas of getting the sickness to go way.
I have nothing more to report about the baby. From the website that emails me, it is the size of a grape. That's exciting. It's hard to believe that in just seven or eight months it will be a little bundle of joy. We're very excited to have whatever it may be.

4 comments:

cortney and neil said...

CONGRATS TIFF! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU. YOU WILL BE AN AWESOME MOM! I AM GLAD I FOUND YOUR BLOG SO THAT I CAN KEEP UP WITH YOU NOW
CORTNEY

Ashley Leonardson said...

You will be a great mom!! The fun of being pregnant and violated!! I remember exactly how shocking it was the first time I went when I was pregers with Chandler. I have to tell ya that it gets easier I know that sounds weird maybe wrong but in the end its all so worth it!!

Beau and Candace said...

Yeah!! I'm so excited for you, it will be so much fun. Sorry about your morning sickness, I never had it. I hear it's awful though.:(
P.S. Welcome to the blogging world. You may become addicted!

kirsten said...

I AM SOOOOOOOOOO GLAD THAT U FOUND US ON HERE...!! WHAT IS YOUR EMAIL SO I CAN ADD YOU TO MY PRIVATE BLOG! OAKLYNN IS SOOO EXCITED TO HAVE A FRIEND TO PLAY WITH.. WE CANT WAIT TILL MAY!!!!!! YAHOO..