Monday, November 10, 2008

I'M SO THANKFUL FOR GREAT FRIENDS

This picture was taken about a year ago on Ryan and my first date. Kirsten and Damon are also married now. They are the couple that introduced us.
Yesterday had to be one of my favorite Sundays ever, minus a few from the mission. Kirsten and Damon took Ryan and I to Stake Conference (luckily Kirsten told us it was Stake Conference cause we had no idea). I got to hold their baby Oaklynn and play with the little doll. She's adorable. After we got done at church, Kirsten and Damon came over for lunch/dinner with us. It was so much fun. I don't know how the lamb was that I made, but we really did have a great time. A little history on Kirsten and Damon and us. Damon and Ryan were mission companions a few years ago, then roommates after they both were off their missions when Ryan moved back from England. Kirsten and I were roommates when her and Damon started dating, then about four months later they introduced Ryan, and the rest is history. They are such great friends, and it's nice because it's not one of those forced friendships. We were all kind of friends in a different ways before any of us got married. Also, we're neighbors! After lunch, we all just kind of chatted, watched a movie, and then the height of Ryan's night, Ryan and Damon played video games. I don't usually let Ryan play when I'm around because I hate the stupid machine, but I had Kirsten and little Oaklynn here to help entertain me, so it was fun for all of us I hope. I'm so thankful for friends like Kirsten and Damon. They're the kind of friends you hope you always have. We all just kind of do our own things but at the same time we can come together occasionally and have fun. I really appreciate Kirsten and her help. She recently had Oaklynn, so it's nice to have her here to ask questions about the whole pregnancy thing. It's good for Ryan to have Damon around too. He can ask Damon any questions about being a dad. I truely believe that God puts people in our lives to help us be better and so learn from each other. I just hope that we're as good for Kirsten and Damon as they are for us.
Baby News: Everything with the baby seems to be going well. I've had a cold for a few weeks and last week was the worst. I think everything is magnified when you're pregnant because I've never complained so much in my life as I did last week. I'm now feeling a lot better. This week I start my second trimester; apparently the honeymoon stage of the pregnancy. We'll see. I'm still waiting for the reality to set in that I'm pregnant. It's hard to explain how I feel, which I'm sure those of you who have been pregnant can understand. I know I've been sick and I know I've seen the baby on the ultrasound and see the heartbeat, but I don't think it will become a reality until I really have a belly. Right now I feel like the weight gain is because I haven't been able to exercise for sometime. But happily I report that I jogged this morning. It felt so good. I don't go as far, as long or as fast as I did before but just that little was nice. As soon as you can actually tell that I'm pregnant, I'll post pictures, until then I'll just tell you all about it.

3 comments:

Beau and Candace said...

Hey Tiff, Molly and I want to get together with you and Ryan sometime after Thanksgiving if you guys are free some Saturday. Email me your info and we'll try and set up a time.
candyanne_18@hotmail.com
talk to you soon!

kirsten said...

WE ARE ALSO GRATEFUL FOR GREAT FRIENDS!!! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!! :)

Anonymous said...

Tiff, hey it's amanda bitton graff, congrats on being pregnant it is sooo FUN!!! we are expecting our little guy in 7 weeks and are thrilled and can't wait.