Friday, May 15, 2009

We Now Have Hope

We went to the doctor today for our weekly checkup, and left with hope. FINALLY!! First it was good because Ryan actually got to go with me. That was a nice change. Usually he has to work but since he switched schedules he was able to go. He heard our little guys' heartbeat for the first time since February. It was fun, and having him there helped me keep my spirits up, which I neede djust in case.

When the doctor walked in first thing he said is, I can't believe you're smiling...that's a good thing. It was pretty funny. Apparently it's not a common thing when you miss your due date. Then the checking and measuring began. We heard the little heart beat. It sounded good and strong, then they measured me. I lost a cm since last week, good news I guess because it means I've dropped. So now the good news....okay not really but it's funny.

As we were walking in I told Ryan since the last two weeks I had been dialated to a 1 or a 2, this week I would be a strong 2 just because I knew that would be how it was. Well that's exactly what he said, I'm dialated to a strong 2 and effaced to 70%. There was very little change, but it is some change, then we made a plan. The doctor gave me the choie to either be started on May 21st or May 26th. I chose the 21st obviously. He said there is still a good chance I'll have the baby before then, but in the case that I don't, I will be started, likely in the morning of the 21st. He called me this afternoon and said everything is set up and I'm a high priority for that day, so I should be in there early and get started.

I know that I've complained about being pregnant so long, but I'm hoping and praying that I will start natually. I have decided that I don't want an epidural unless I absolutely need one, and I know getting induced will cause it to be a lot more painful by forcing the contractions to come. I still want to do it naturally, but getting started may change that. Anyway, we at least now have an official end date. I'm so excited to finally be a mommy.

A girl I work with had her baby on Monday, and I was able to see the little girl on Wednesday. What a sweet, sweet little girl. It kind of made me nervous to think that Ryan and I are going to have something that small to take care of. It's kind of crazy, but so exciting. We've been waiting and preparing for the last 8 months or so since we found out we were going to be parents, and finally it has come. We are so excited. I can't wait to see my sweet husband as a daddy. As much as he loves me and takes care of me, I can't even begin to imagine what a good daddy he'll be. I am so lucky to have him in my life and have him be the father of my children and be my eternal companion. I think my Heavenly Father every day for giving me Ryan. When I was on my mission, one of the things someone said at the MTC was the harder you work on your mission, the better the spouse you will have. I must have worked extra hard, because I am seriously blessed and couldn't have found anyone better. I love you honey. Thanks for being so amazing.

Thanks all of you who commented on my last post. I do realize how silly I was being, I just needed a place to vent. Thanks for allowing me to do so. I'll keep you all posted on what happens with our little guy coming in to the world.

6 comments:

Chris and Molly Wambeke said...

I love that blogs can help us vent. Sometimes that is all we need to do and we feel better. I am glad that you were able to set up a date for being induced (if needed - I hope that you start naturally as well though). I too had to set a induction date and was hoping and praying that I would start on my own. But I didn't and being induced wasn't as bad as I had made it out to be in my mind. I think it is great that you want to do labor without an epidural - but if during the labor you decide to get one - don't feel bad! I got one and am happy with my choice. Good luck with everything!! I can't wait to see you new little bundle of joy!

Beau and Candace said...

I'm glad that you can see an end in sight. That always helps, huh? You're a braver woman than me. I got an epidural with both of them, but since I only went into labor naturally with my second, he is the only one I actually felt any real contractions with. It's amazing how fast you get used to having such a small baby around. Soon you'll realize he is not as fragile as you thought.
Good luck on Thursday, if not sooner!!

Lacey and Zach said...

Yay Tiff you are almost done! How exciting!! OK so just a heads up, I was induced with both my kids and had no epidural at all, and it freaken kills! I am not joking at all. YOu can do it ! My breathing practices helped me calm down, but it wasn't at all easy! I can't even describe to you how it feels but its well worth the pain! Hang in there! Also having my husband encourage me helped too. I am so excited for you!!!

Austin and Chantell Family said...

Tiff! I'm so excited for you that it is so close! And I love all the advice you've gotten so far. Can I add mine? I don't know if it will even help, but I went into labor on my own with my first one and was trying to go natural, but ended up getting an epidural which I didn't feel bad about at all! Then my second I got induced and ended up going natural which was amazing. Austin was an amazing help which it sounds like your husband will be also! Personally for me going natural was better on my recovery time and I didn't get a migraine like I did with my first. But Lacey is right it absolutely kills! The only way I got through it was Austin helping me and when I was ready to give up he would tell me to go two more contractions then see how I felt. That helped so much! Before I knew it I had done ten contractions and I was almost done. But everyone is totally different. My epidural had a few complications. Nothing major, just annoying, but other people get them and absolutely love them and have no side effects! So either way, just be proud of youself that you had a baby cause no matter how you do it, it's hard! Good luck!

~*Summers Family Fun*~ said...

Oh, Tiff I am soo excited for you!! The end of our pregnancy can be such a roller coaster ride with hormones creating all kinds of emotions that we normally wouldn't have. I think sometimes we are prepared for the pyhsical pain and changes of pregnancy and don't realize that we go through emotional changes as well. I am soo glad that you are feeling better though! Just make sure to folow Molly's advice and try to take some much needed time for yourself-she is right from here on out you don't get that time very much! You are such a strong girl and you will make a great mother!!

Ashley Leonardson said...

Your baby is beautiful!! Congrats!! Such a fun time in life!!!