Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pregnancy Blues

So someone please tell me I'm not nuts!! I am due tomorrow and I don't think I've ever been so depressed in my life. Okay, so that may be a huge over statement, but really this whole pregnancy bit is getting to me. I feel like the baby is never going to come out, and if he does it won't be until he's about 20 years old. Has anyone else ever felt this way. Please tell me you have. Yesterday I was getting ready for work like always, and I started to get upset because nothing fits because I am so huge, and nothing is comfortable because I'm supposedly so close to giving birth. After this the breakdown began. I just laid on the bed whining to Ryan about wanting the baby out. Finally, after I was already an hour late for work I decided to head out. Then the waterworks began. I called my mom, who can't stand to hear me cry, and just cried to her that the baby was never going to come, that I just couldn't be pregnant anymore, etc. I know I'm pathetic. So I pull into work, and decided I better not go because I had been sobbing and just didn't want to deal with people, so I called my boss and started sobbing; luckily, she has been pregnant and was so understanding and just told me to take care of myself and the baby and not to worry about work. I then came home and laid around all day just hoping that the baby would come. It's a day later and he's still not here, but I feel a little better. I still don't think he'll ever come, but at least I'm not a basketcase anymore. I think writing about it helps, so thanks for anyone that reads this. Now I'm realizing how silly I'm being. One of my good friends reminded me of all the hormones running through my body, which was also another good reminder that one day I may return to normal....maybe. So everyone, please pray that this kid doesn't wait to come out until he's 20. I've never had a baby, but I think that just might kill me. Hopefully it will be very soon that he does make his debut, until then, I'm sure that these crazy episodes will continue, but next time I will spare you all the details.

7 comments:

Westlund Family said...

Oh goodness....I so remember! Don't worry he will come out, he has to- he can only get so big! Try not to stress and keep yourself busy. It'll be here before you know it and then they just grow and learn so fast!

Kellie said...

Oh, Tiff. I'm so sorry you feel so down. It is normal. Sometimes I think they shouldn't give an actual "date" maybe just a month. :)
hang in there. We're waiting for the word.

Chris and Molly Wambeke said...

I know what you are going through. I had to schedule my induction - so in the end I went a week over. Just enjoy this last little while until he arrives. Relax and watch a chick flick. I hated it when my brother told me to just relax becuase the baby is easier to take care of while she was still inside of me. I thought "what the crap" you haven't been pregnant - but it was the truth. He'll be here before you know it - I promise!!! Keep us updated!

Lacey and Zach said...

Hang in there Tiff! You are so close! Don't get upset because he will be here soon enough and then the hard work begins! I do understand what you are going through! It is so hard to stay positive, but you can do it. Be strong and take it easy! I'm so excited to see this little guy!!

Julie Hall said...

I agree with Kellie! Due dates should be more vague! Kaleb was a week early, Cambree was 2 weeks early, and then came Isaac. I just thought that he would be 3 weeks early! AND much to my dismay, he wasn't! I was so ready and he didn't come and didn't come. "Finally" I had him on the day before his due date, but he must have needed that time in the oven because he was so little. I also had a friend that went 2 weeks over her due date, because she doesn't believe in being induced. It was torture on her! If we had only a month "window" when the baby might be born, maybe we wouldn't be so anxious!

So I hope that as I'm leaving this comment on your blog that you are rushing off to the hospital to bring your little boy officially into this world! But if you are still sitting at home, enjoy the peace and quiet just a little longer! Have Ryan take you on one last date while it's still just the two of you. Once that little guy is here, your life will never be the same!

Beau and Candace said...

Oh, Tiff!! You're awesome, you hang in there and it will be over before you know it, and then you'll wonder why you were even worrying in the first place. With my first, I cried all the time. My emotional breakdown was at the beginning when I first started to put on the pounds. Good luck, and hang in there!!! Hope to see you guys soon!!

Anonymous said...

Tiff, you very silly of course your baby will be here soon, I definately felt was ready when Reid finally came. Be grateful for the sleep you can get now, it won't be much longer. Best of luck!!