Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter

This past month has gotten away from me.  It seems like we always have something going on or we're battling Rosty and his sleeping habits or lack of.  Just wanted to do an update, especially with pictures of our latest happenings.

Update on baby #2:  We are now 33 weeks....WOOHOO only 7 left.  We went to the doctor this week and had another ultrasound.  She says he looks great, he is in the downward position (which I think he frequently changes) and growing well.  He weighed about 4 lbs 5 oz, so since it's been almost a week it may be more now.  She said he should gain about 1/2 lb per week up until he's born, making him about 7 to 7 1/2 lbs when he's born.  I go again in a week, then our every week appointments start.  It's kind of surreal that we are already that close to having baby #2 at our house.  This last week I was looking at pictures of Rosty as a baby and it's hard to believe he was born almost 2 years ago, so I suspect it will be similar with the new little guy.

Here are a bunch of pictures of what we've been up to.  I  wish all of you could see how much our little man is talking.  Seems like everyday he's got new words he knows and uses correctly.  Yesterday and today, just what I can remember, his new words have been Easter bunny (figure that one out), sunglasses, keys, and.....okay my pregnancy brain forgot but he does have a lot of new words. Enjoy.
At the Dinosaur Park.  I just think he's so cute
We had our Easter egg hunt at our house today because of how busy they were at the ones in the community.  It was way better than the one we actually did go to this morning.  Exiting the house on his way out to hunt Easter eggs in the yard

Loving the egg hunt.  He kept yelling, "I found it!"

Scouting out his next egg.

Showing off his loot

Isn't he so cute in his hat!  He won't leave the house without it.

He was so excited to open them up and see what was inside.

"Open mommy?" I taped them shut so we could have a little control over candy intake.

He figured out to open one and went right to work on the jelly beans.

He loves to see pictures of himself, so I told him if he smiled I would show him and this is what I got.


We went to a Utah Grizzlies Hockey game with Grandpa and Grandma (my dad and stepmom) and the Real Salt Lake mascot was there and came to see Rosty.  He loved it.

It was Grizzbee's (Utah Grizzlies mascot) birthday, so all the mascots in the area were at the hockey game.  This little wolverine from UVU came and saw Rosty as well.

He was sick in the morning, then didn't get a nap and we were out late, so he spent his time with Aunt Missy and Uncle JD during the game.  Ryan and I had a lot more fun (is that okay to say as a mom?) and so did he.


Riding the train at the mall for the first time.  whenever we are at the mall playing and he hears the train whistle, he stops what he's doing, does kind of a gasp and yells to me, " Mommy choochoo!" So I took him

My very good friend from school (UofU), Marchaan and her daughter Paisley, came up to visit us that day and they went on the train with us too. 

I think this looks like a first date.  They had so much fun playing together.


Ryan and I promised Rosty if he was good one day when we were doing our grocery shopping, daddy would take him on the train.  So they were off, and Rosty was so excited.




We finally had a warm day, and Ryan had to go to work early so I took Rosty to the Dinosaur Park once again.  He had so much fun running around and playing on the toys.  We even explored parts of the park we hadn't been before.

They had toddler swings for little ones like Rosty, but he insisted on riding the big one.


Yep, he's kissing the dinosaur.

I just thought this picture was so cute.  He was walking around the Dinosaur Park eating his sandwich.  He did not want to sit.  He's such a big boy.

He wanted his picture taken in front of this dinosaur.



I hope you enjoy the pictures.  They are in kind of a random order but pictures of our boy none the less.Oh I remembered a couple of phrases that he says now, "What's going on?" and "I want to talk to....(whomever I am on the phone with at the time he'll say their name)"  It's pretty cute.  Today at the Easter egg hunt we went to, we were standing around waiting for it to start and he kept asking, "What's going on?"  Silly boy.  Seems like yesterday he was born.  How time flies.  In all the cuteness I tell you about, don't forget there is a little devil inside of him too.  He has always had a mind of his own, to put it lightly, and now he loves to be defiant. Sometimes we feel like it's a teenage girl living at our house instead of and almost 2 year old boy. Oh well, we wouldn't change him, except maybe his poor sleeping habits, for anything. 


Ryan update:
He just finished his first semester at Weber State.  He worked so hard, and we're proud of him.  When we were picking his classes, we decided he would take them online.  It was a struggle at first because of not being in school for a few semesters and because they were all kind of random (generals), but in his own words, towards the end of the semester he got in a groove.  Because of the baby coming, he's only taking two classes over the summer, and will be starting the first week of May.  Rosty and I are so proud of him and all the work he does to keep our family going.  We're pretty lucky he's ours! 

Tiffany update:
Nothing too exciting to report for me, just the fact I only have 7 weeks left.  I love being home, most of the time, but do miss working.  Because of being home, and being bored out of my mind when Rosty sleeps(you can only sweep so many times a day) I've taken up sewing again.  So far nothing exciting has been made, but it has been fun.  I made Rosty two hooded towels, I'm working on a blanket and matching pillow case for his birthday, and have several other projects started.  It keeps me entertained some days.

All in all, we're doing great and we're greatly blessed!

2 comments:

Melissa & J.D. said...

Hooray for an update! Even though I talk to you everyday I love to see pictures (except the one with me) of your little monster.

Almost Like Moms said...

Great update! You are good to post, I just ran out of enthusiasm for my personal blog I guess. What a cute little family you are creating! Keep up the good work, Mama!
-Kellie